Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rain Rain, Go Away!

We've been drenched in rain for the last three days (if you live in New England you know what I'm talking about) This was no spring shower. This was a deluge of wetness and wind. Who knew Maine had a monsoon season? I was so happy to awake to sunshine this morning that I literally leapt out of bed. Stuck inside for the last couple of days, and needing a creative break from the computer, I decided not to be hindered with the constraints of my environment. I focused my attention on my newest member of my household; my cyclamen plant. It's amazing what inspiration one can find in a plant. With rain comes new life, new growth, and transformation. Here's to spring!
Blessings,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. Mom is VERY proud and she actually does know what a blog is. In fact, she has her own blog, through blogspot, but, unfortunately, she can't remember what the name of it is!

    The pictures of your students remind me of mine, here in Denver, though mine are older. I am in awe of my students because of the joy with which they come to class everyday after the horrors of what spurred them to become refugees. Many of them have lived in refugee camps for almost a generation, some born there. And then they come to the "land of promise" and we tell them: "OK, you have a few months to learn English, perhaps start to learn to read, and then we expect you to get a job!" Yet, they face the complexity of life in America, one day at a time, with equanimity and come to class ready to learn.

    I returned from a week at a Benedictine Monastery in Pecos, New Mexico, yesterday, on a blessedly sunny Good Friday. The rhythms of prayer, silence, meals (some of them silent), and sleep were restorative to my soul. The grass is green in Denver, ground cover on the south side of my house is also greening. The apple tree next to my kitchen window is showing a few pink blossoms. Spring is almost here.

    My kitchen has been gutted, the tile floor almost completed. I am camping out in the rest of the house which is jammed with kitchen things. But, the anticipation of new IKEA cabinets and a bright walls will keep me going, I hope.

    In Santa Fe, I sought some art with shades of bright yellow-green. Everything incredibly expensive, including some breathtaking photography. I had a revelation -- Sara is a photographer! (I know, I'm a little slow!) I'm already picturing some wonderful Sara Wilmot Photography prints on my kitchen walls.

    Mom (goodkate88@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete